Electrical Contractor in Clearwater Explains Commercial & Construction Electricians
Constructing a new facility is a huge, expensive, and complicated process. Maintaining a business is no easy feat, either. When electrical problems or needs arise, it’s important to choose an electrical contractor in Clearwater you’re confident knows how to get the job done to the highest quality within budget and on-time. This article aims to explain what commercial and construction electricians do, what their licensing requirements are, and how to choose the right one for your project.
Commercial and construction electricians work on large commercial structures during their construction and throughout their existence. Commercial and construction electricians assist in keeping buildings up to code as required by Florida state regulations. They can work on a range of projects from the installation of all electrical components of a multi-million dollar new apartment building to minor electrical installations and repairs of a local business.
Commercial Electrical Contractor in Clearwater, FL
A commercial and construction electrical contractor in Clearwater can work on a wide variety of facilities, most commonly these include:
- Retail spaces
- Surgery centers
- Refrigerated warehouses and plants
- Car dealerships
- Car washes
- Motor control centers
- Medical office buildings
Their projects are also wide-ranging, and may include but are not limited to:
- Generator and transfer system design and installation
- Parking lot lighting maintenance
- LED upgrades including installation and retrofitting
- HVAC and chiller replacements and upgrades
- Panel installations and upgrades
- Circuit troubleshooting
- Indoor lighting
- Outdoor lighting
- Building automation
- Lighting controls
- Wired and wireless networks
- Audio and video systems
- Security and camera systems
- Thermal imaging and preventative maintenance
- Building renovations and upfits
- Replacing service wires
- Installing light fixtures
- Office expansion and installation
- Hospital renovations
- Cooling towers
- Installation and servicing of electrical equipment – This may include CT scan machines, cancer radiotherapy systems, etc.
- High and low voltage services
- Emergency power or Uninterrupted Power Supply (UPS) and generators
Electrical Contractor Services
Some of the more complicated things that commercial and construction electricians work on include:
- HVAC – Heating, ventilation, and air conditioning are very important aspects to a structure, especially in a state as warm and muggy as Florida! Commercial electricians may install or fix the chillers, cooling towers, pumps, fans, variable frequency drives, or any other aspects of a HVAC system. Knowledgeable commercial electricians will understand what different brands offer in terms of quality, price, and specifics of their brand and should be able to guide their clients towards the system that meets their needs at an affordable price.
- Data Centers – Some facilities require specific equipment for data storage and processing. A commercial electrical contractor in Clearwater is able to install and tend to problems with uninterruptable power supply systems, power distribution units, adding racks, etc. Uninterruptable power supply installations are systems that should be installable by a high-quality commercial electrician, even if you have already purchased the system and only need someone to install it. These systems are very expensive so it’s important to be sure the company installing it knows what they are doing and will go the extra mile to be sure it’s done correctly.
- Generator and Transfer Switch Installations – An electrical contractor in Clearwater can help install purchased generators or even work with property owners to determine the best generator for your specific needs.
A high quality commercial and construction electrician company should do all the building and zoning paperwork and requirements of the local municipality within the state of Florida.
Electrician Requirements in Florida
All electricians are required to hold a license issued by the state of Florida to do business within its borders. There are four types of electrician licenses: Certified, Registered, Certified Electrical Specialty contractor, and Registered Electrical Specialty Contractor. Certified contractors can work anywhere in the entire state, while registered contractors are limited to the counties or municipalities in which they hold their license. In order to be a licensed electrician in the state of Florida, individuals are required to take an examination consisting of 150 questions and taking several hours.
Choosing an Electrician in Florida
There’s a lot at stake when you hire an electrician to work on your construction project or on your commercial building. It’s important to hire an electrical contractor in Clearwater who has sufficient experience in the area relating to your project. Company websites are a good place to start when investigating a specific contractor as they will have information on their specialties and customer reviews readily available. It’s important to refer to unbiased sources of information throughout the web during this research process as companies are not likely to be fully honest on their website.
Call an Electrical Contractor in Clearwater Today for Your Commercial & Construction Electrical Needs
With over 40 combined years of electrical experience, we can handle any project our clients throw at us. Give us a call at (727) 771-9403 to speak to an electrical contractor in Clearwater to learn more about our services.